60 Different Names For Sugar
Sugar is everywhere!
- Did you know the food industry intentionally adds sugar to our food to stay hungry and eat more food?
- Did you know there are 60 different names for sugar used by the food industry to trick us into eating it?
- Did you know that simply eliminating sugar from your diet can have the most significant impact on your health?
Take the sugar challenge and see just how much sugar is in your home and diet.
- Take a before picture of your fridge, freezer, and pantry
- Download the 60 Different Names For Sugar list
- Remove any item that has one of the different names for sugar from your pantry, fridge, and freezer
- Take an after picture
Is there anything left to eat?
The Power Of Added Sugar
Added sugars are introduced to our food as part of the process our food industry uses to make foods that are convenient, appetizing, and leave you nutritionally hungry for more! Have you ever eaten processed food until your stomach was “full” but then find yourself hungry a short time after the meal? This particular event is oftentimes referred to as hedonic hunger or a strong desire for food in the absence of any need for it. In other words, our stomach is full, but our brain is still hungry.
My grocery store is super helpful! In the event I forgot to add sugar to my shopping list or have trouble finding it, they conveniently created their own aisle section and sign!